Thursday, September 20, 2012

EOTD: Fire & Ash

This is a version of a look I've done before, pairing fiery coppers with cool taupes and greys.  Ordinarily, the temptation is to pair a beautiful coppery colour with a deep warm brown, and while that is definitely very pretty, lately I've been loving the warm/cool contrast even more. The copper seems to stand out just that little bit extra against a charcoal backdrop.  Someone said it evoked the feeling of fire and ash, which I love. The copper I used today - MAC Antiqued - is a really new colour in my collection. I hadn't heard much about it before, but I fell in love with it at the counter last week when I was looking for a little something to treat myself with. Definitely a new favourite!

If I go out tonight I'll be adding some black or copper liner to the waterline!





I used:

MAC Electric Cool eyeshadow in Coil - all over the lid, as a base
MAC Antiqued - all over the lid
Urban Decay Shakedown - in crease
MAC Wedge - to blend out upper edge of crease very lightly
NARS Irresistiblement bronzer - inner corner of crease and along the outer edges of the grey to warm it up slightly where it meets the skin
MAC Print - lower lash line, outer corner, into crease, pushed into upper lash line
Coastal Scents Buttermilk Nude - under brow highlight
Inglot 395P & Urban Decay Half Baked - inner corner highlight
Revlon PhotoReady 3D Waterproof mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash mascara



Thanks for looking!

kittytokaren

P.S. Please excuse the redness in my outer corner...

3 comments:

  1. I wholly adore this look! You and kmbirkel have been convincing me lately that warm reddish-leaning colors look amazing with blue/green eyes. p.s. So excited to see you're blogging your EOTDS! xoxo ahimsa8

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lauren - I love Coil. I have Superwatt too... I'm really surprised these Electric Cool shadows weren't more popular!

    @ahimsa - I'm so thrilled you found my little blog!! Yay! I'd love to see you in some reddish colours...

    ReplyDelete