Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SEPTEMBER: Used Up & Hit Pan



***Since the beginning of the year I've been keeping track of the makeup products that I use up or hit pan on every month. It helps me to be conscious of what I actually use and hopefully prevents me from buying things I won't use! I like sharing the results with accompanying mini reviews at the end of every month - it keeps me honest!***


Used Up:



Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder
Hallelujah! So glad this is used up. I have so many loose powders in my stash it is ridiculous, and I'm thrilled to be done with one. Especially since this really isn't my favourite. It's a silica-based powder and I just don't love the finish - even if I just use a tiny bit, it still looks too matte and powdery and makes my skin look dull. I strongly prefer Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Powder - which is more of a talc powder - as it takes away any unwanted shine, but still lets my skins radiance shine through.

Urban Decay primer sample duo

Neither of these really blew my socks off. Again, I have so many primers I really need to chill with it anyways, so I won't be buying them.


MUFE HD primer sample 
Decent. I just have so many primers right now, I'm not in the market for a new one! Didn't blow me away, or else I'd be tempted...


Stila BB/foundation/concealer sampler
Yuck. They were all too dark for me really, but I wasn't a fan of any of the textures either.


Urban Decay primer potion sample
A classic. I do like this and have a full size that I got as a freebie waiting in the wings! Right now I'm using the NARS eye primer and love it, but UDPP is great.

Smashbox Undereye Primer sample
I don't own a separate undereye primer. Honestly, I quite enjoyed using this and it felt like a luxury. Worked nicely to make my concealer go on smoothly and I *think* it may have helped it last longer. Won't purchase, but now I am more conscious of putting a bit of primer under my eyes now too!

Physician's Formula Eye Booster Ultra Black
I think I'm the only person in the world that cannot get along with this. I didn't really use this up, more like I'm simply throwing in the towel. I can't get the pigment to look anywhere close to decent, and I struggle with the applicator.


Perfekt Lash Perfection Gel sample
I'm just not a "natural" mascara girl...I like my lashes to stand out, even on "no-makeup" makeup days where the only other things I'm wearing are tinted moisturizer and lip balm. If you just want to look like your lashes are tinted a bit, give this a shot!


L'Oreal Telescopic False Lashes mascara
At first, I really liked this mascara. But it got dry and left little fluffy bits in my lashes pretty quickly. I wouldn't repurchase since it's not available in the US and is therefore a pain for me to get my hands on, but if they start selling it here I'd consider it.



Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment mini
At first, I hated this. I thought it was making my lips peel (turns out that was something else) and it didn't seem very moisturizing. After going through the tube, I actually quite like it. Mostly because I love the lemony scent. I'd say it moisturizes OK - not the best, but it still does the job. Definitely not worth re-purchasing since these are so blooming expensive for a lip balm, but if anyone wants to get me one as a gift, I would not object!


Chanel lipstick sampler
Really enjoyed this. I used them all and shamefully purchased Rouge Coco Shine in Boy! Not the biggest fan of the regular Rouge Coco formula - too drying for me to purchase a full size, but the colours were lovely.



Guerlain Le Petit Robe Noire sample
I really like this fragrance for fall/winter. It reminds me a lot of Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir, which I have a big bottle of and love. I have a couple more samples of this and a deluxe mini bottle so you'll see more of this one being used up! 



Hit Pan:



NYX Taupe
This is my third or fourth one of these little guys, and it's been my go-to contour shade ever since I discovered it. Definitely a good buy, and I love how compact the package is. Perfect contour colour for my NC15 skin. I have a couple backups waiting for when I finish this one!



Thanks for looking! What did you use up or hit pan on this month??
kittytokaren

No comments:

Post a Comment