Thursday, October 25, 2012

EOTD: Smoked Rich Mahogany

I usually go for colours that are lighter on the lid and darker in the outer corner or crease, but I wanted to mix it up today and do something a little smokier.  I wanted a rich dark chocolate shadow and I chose Maybelline Color Tattoo in Rich Mahogany. It's a gorgeous deep brown that isn't too warm and has little red sparkles, which I love. When I use darker cream shadows all over the lid, I like to place a crease colour down first in order to create a nice gradient from lash line to brow. This is particularly effective when the cream shadow isn't the easiest to blend (like this one) - having the base of powder shadows in the crease make the job much easier. I used my beloved Inglot palette to mix up my crease colour, and to add definition and highlights where needed. The end result isn't overly dark, but has a sultry edge thanks to the shadow placement.



I used:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Rich Mahogany - all over the lid, lower lash line
Inglot 344M, 357M, 326M mixed - into crease
Inglot 352M - under brow highlight
Inglot 352M, 395P mixed - inner corner highlight
Inglot 326M - pushed into upper lash line
Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash mascara


Thanks for looking!

kittytokaren

No comments:

Post a Comment