Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MAKEUP TO-GO: Chicago 3-Day Weekend

Writing it all out it seems completely ridiculous that I brought this much for a 3-day weekend trip. To justify it, I will tell you that I was in a variety of situations - everything from plane rides, coffee with esteemed professors, power shopping, and art museum jaunts, to fancy dinners out and wild nights on the town! I needed versatility, baby! What I brought ended up working quite well. Many of the things I took with me were either small or mini-sized, and my "stuff" ended up not taking up too much space - just my eyeshadow palette and a little makeup bag. The only bulky thing was really my brush roll, and I've learned over the years that having a brush roll makes doing makeup in a hotel so much easier, so it had to come. I got a chance to try out my new Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes on this trip - more detailed swatches and reviews of that coming up! Here is what I brought...


FACE:
Hourglass Mineral Veil primer mini
Lancome Teint Miracle foundation (Buff 2W & Buff 6W mixed in a little pot)
Estee Lauder DoubleWear concealer
Laura Mercier Undercover Pot
Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray mini
NARS Joie de Vivre Cheek Palette
NYX Taupe blush



EYES:
Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes
Revlon PhotoReady 3D Waterproof mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash mascara
Sephora lash curlers
NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Primer
Maybelline Define-a-brow pencil (in Dark Blonde and Medium Brown)
Maybelline Great Lash in Clear
Lancome Waterproof Artliner in Gold Passion
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner Pencil in Whiskey/Zero


LIPS:
Dior Addict Lipstick in 222 Beige Casual
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment mini


ALSO:
Sigma brush roll (brushes inside!)



And some gratuitous pictures of Evanston and Chicago...

Where I used to live, once upon a time...


My alma mater...


My brother's favourite thing in the world - THE BEAN...


My beloved Art Institute - I spent all of Sunday there...


Thanks for looking! I'd be curious to hear what your travel essentials are...
kittytokaren

No comments:

Post a Comment