Wednesday, September 26, 2012

EOTD: Pink, Plum, Gold & Nikkie!


This is a look I've been wearing a lot lately, and I get compliments every single time. A BIG thanks to NikkieTutorials on YouTube for creating this - I've put her video below so you can see the original in all its glory! Not only is this lady a fellow Dutchie, she is also an amazing creative talent and seems like a kickass person. Probably one of my favourite YouTubers ever, and I love imitating her looks. I hope she doesn't mind.

I've worn this - with the accompanying raspberry lip - for a night on the town, I've worn it to work, I've worn it to dinner with friends, I've worn it to physical therapy...just *everywhere*. I think this eye makeup is perfect for almost any occasion and any outfit. It's neutral, but not boring. It's sexy, but not crazy smoky. I love the harmony that the pink and plum-toned browns create with the shimmering gold. Honestly, the gold is the star of the show, and I'm a sucker for anything gold...




I used:
Coastal Scents Cameo - in crease, to blend outer corner
NARS Irresistiblement bronzer - in inner portion of crease near nose
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold - on lid
Sleek Storm palette top row 2nd and 4th mixed - patted over Bold Gold onto lid
Inglot 326 Matte - lower lash line, into crease, along upper lash line
NARS Albatross - inner corner highlight
Coastal Scents Buttermilk Nude - under brow highlight
Revlon PhotoReady 3D Waterproof mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash mascara





Please check out Nikkie, and thanks for looking!
kittytokaren

2 comments: