Tuesday, October 9, 2012

EOTD: For a Serious Doctor's Appointment

Today I had to get up bright and early for a first-thing doctor's appointment. I was pretty nervous as the subject is question was a Serious (yes, with a capital S) matter. I didn't want to think too much about makeup or spend a large amount of time on it - but I still wanted to look polished and presentable - so I grabbed my Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes and went to town creating a more cool-toned look with some subtle definition. I often find that even though I have very warm-toned skin, cool-toned neutral eyeshadows can really make me look more awake...something I really needed this early in the morning!




I used:
Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes
   Sable - inner 2/3 of lid
   Cafe Au Lait - crease
   Coffee Ground - outer 1/3 of lid, lower lash line, a bit into crease
   Vanilla Nuts - brow bone highlight
   Sunlit mixed with Vanilla Nuts - inner corner highlight
Lancome Hypnose Star mascara (don't really have the hang of this quite yet...)
Clinique Bottom Lash mascara

Thanks for looking!
kittytokaren

P.S. For the curious - The appointment went really well. Better than I thought was possible! I am still trying to figure out a way to celebrate...

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful look! I'm very relieved that your appointment went well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks you are too nice! The look isn't much - just a real quickie, but I still wanted to share.

    ReplyDelete