Wednesday, October 10, 2012

EOTD/LOTD: Blackcurrant & Peach

I've fallen in love with juicy plummy colours on the lips recently, and today I decided that YSL Glossy Stain #14 was going to be the one! I didn't love this on me during the summer - too strong perhaps - but I think it's perfect for the season. Reminds me of blackcurrant preserves... I coordinated the lips with NARS Sin blush on the cheeks and since I didn't want to go plummy all over, I paired it with a warm peach eye and some burnished gold/olive/brown/neutral liquid liner. Rose gold accessories (specifically this spike necklace from asos) really made the peach stand out in contrast with the lip. I have a feeling this lip will be making frequent appearances this fall/winter...

(Apologies for my wonky lashes...I've been really struggling with a section of them growing oddly. My left eye is much more obedient, but a million times harder to photograph!)

First the star of the show! The lip...


And the complimentary eye...



I used:
Urban Decay Naked Palette
   Naked & Buck - blended into crease
   Buck - lower lash line, used to darken outer corner slightly
   Virgin - inner corner highlight
Urban Decay Blaze - all over lid
Coastal Scents Buttermilk Nude - under brow highlight
Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Rock Candy - upper lash line
Revlon PhotoReady 3D Waterproof mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash mascara
YSL Glossy Stain #14


Thanks for looking!
kittytokaren

No comments:

Post a Comment