Thursday, October 11, 2012

EOTD: Wide Awake (Katy + Nikkie)

Today I'm bringing you another NikkieTutorials look. (See another look of hers I did HERE.) She is definitely one of my favourite YouTube makeup artists and here I chose to do her recreation of the look Katy Perry was sporting in the "Wide Awake" music video. I only had a couple of the products that Nikkie used, so I substituted with my own things and I think I got a pretty similar effect! I especially loved using the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows in place of the pigments she used - I think they pop and sparkle so nicely. I do love a purple eye look...yes, I do! Plus, I think the placement of the shadows is pretty flattering on my eye shape. Please don't forget to check out her video, which I have embedded down below - it was wonderful inspiration. <3



I used:
MAC Moth Brown - all over lid
Inglot 344M - crease
MAC Satin Taupe - lower lash line
Inglot 351M - under brow bone, inner corner
Inglot 395P - tiny bit under highest point of brow
Wet N Wild Panther - upper lash line
Inglot 326M - layered over Panther on lash line, tiny bit in outer corner and outer crease
L'Oreal Infallible in Metallic LIlac - inner half of lid
L'Oreal Infallible in Flashback Silver/Liquid Diamond - over Metallic Lilac on innermost part of lid
Revlon PhotoReady 3D Waterproof mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash mascara


And the inspiration video...

Thanks for looking!
kittytokaren

No comments:

Post a Comment