Thursday, October 4, 2012

NEW GOODIES: LORAC PRO Palette

UPDATE (October 14, 2012): I have decided to return this palette. The mattes are beautiful and fantastic, but the shimmers were so flaky and powdery that even after excessively tapping off my brush, I would get fall-out everywhere. Part of me wanted to keep this just for the mattes, but my practical side told me not to be silly - so back it goes!

Another new goodie that arrived at my house recently is the LORAC PRO Palette. I really don't purchase eyeshadow palettes often, but this season is apparently an aberration because I ended up purchasing two (the other being Laura Mercier's Artist's Palette For Eyes). Here she is...


I've had a chance to play with this bad boy and I've been happily surprised! I have never tried LORAC products before and my expectations were not that high. I'm pleased to report that the quality of these shadows is lovely! The mattes blend *very* nicely - just as nicely as my Inglot shades - and the shimmers are well pigmented. I did an all-matte look with this palette that was shockingly simple and fast to do. Expect more looks with this palette in the future!

All of the shades together...

L-R: White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink

L-R: Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black

L-R: Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze

L-R: Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate

Even though I went a little nuts, I'm really happy I splurged on both this and the Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes. Both are extremely well-rounded in terms of shade selection, and since they both include matte and shimmery highlight options, they are perfect travel companions. No extras necessary!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that no more MUST-HAVE palettes cross my path soon though...

kittytokaren

No comments:

Post a Comment