Thursday, November 1, 2012

OCTOBER: Used Up

***Since the beginning of the year I've been keeping track of the makeup products that I use up or hit pan on every month. It helps me to be conscious of what I actually use and hopefully prevents me from buying things I won't use! I like sharing the results with accompanying mini reviews at the end of every month - it keeps me honest!***

This was clearly "Mascara Month" - I had a bunch on the go that I finished up this month and tried a few samples that I hated and couldn't bring myself to use more than a couple times. I also used up a bunch of primer samples. Here are my mini-reviews!


Used Up:

Lancome Hypnose Star mascara mini
This could be a nice formula. I have no idea. I found the brush really difficult to work with - it is flat on two sides and bushy on the others. I read that you were supposed to apply product at the base with the flat side and comb through with the bristles, but it just didn't work for me. I did a couple EOTDs that I posted here with it, and I hate my lashes in them.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara (not pictured)
This mascara is awesome! So cheap, but I like the results better than a ton of expensive mascaras. The only downside is that it dries out/gets clumpy quickly, but for a couple bucks a tube, that is fine by me. I will probably repurchase after I go through some more mascara samples.

Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volume mascara mini
This was so suck I can't even use words to describe how suck it was. Giant brush. No product got on my lashes. I couldn't coat even halfway up my lashes, and even where I got some product on it was wimpy as hell. For people with short lashes who want a super natural look, I guess? Or just put on clear mascara. It would be easier. Ugh.

Revlon PhotoReady 3D Waterproof mascara
You can probably tell from my past EOTDs that I really liked this mascara. It separates nicely, gives some length and volume, and holds curl. The brush reminds me very much of Benefit's They're Real and is very good at reaching all of my lashes - even in the multi-layer section. I don't usually like waterproof mascaras though as they are so hard to remove and tend to be dryer (I like a wetter mascara) than their non-waterproof counterparts.  Even though this isn't my fav mascara of all time, it is definitely the best waterproof one I have tried. I'd repurchase if I want waterproof again!

Lancome La Base Pro primer sample, Korres Quercetin & Oak primer sample
Neither of these primers did anything for my skin. They both caused my foundation to sit oddly and patchily. I feel like they also dried me out. Yuck.

Benefit Porefessional primer sample
I have a full-size of this currently going - it's one of my favourites this month - and another (which was free!) waiting in the wings. I do love this primer even though I hate Benefit. And I'm always pleased to get a sample/mini of something I already have and love.

Smashbox Hydrating Undereye Primer sample 2x
I used up one of these sample packs before and deemed it "frivolous". I liked it, but a separate primer for under the eyes? C'mon. I have to say though, my undereye makeup looks so much better when I use this - super smooth, creases way less, and lasts much longer. However, I've tried other primers that I have that feel fairly similar, like Benefit Porefessional, and they do the same thing. I still call it "frivolous", but it really is nice.

Stella by Stella McCartney perfume sample
Maybe I have an unsophisticated nose, but all I get from this is rose. Simple and basic rose, but it is nice. It reminds me of my best friend who always wears scents heavy on the rose. Didn't feel right on me though.

Guerlain Le Petit Robe Noire sample
See my previous review!

Thanks for looking/reading!
kittytokaren


No comments:

Post a Comment